The eight communities of Harbor Country – Michiana, Grand Beach, New Buffalo, Three Oaks, Union Pier, Lakeside, Harbert and Sawyer – welcome you to tour their backroads in search of fall colors this autumn season. Among the favorite activities:
1. Get lost in a corn maze at Dinges Farm in Three Oaks.
2. Pick the perfect pumpkin at Grower’s Choice in Sawyer.
3. Take a luxury limo tour with Fruitful Vines and sample the new vintages at one of the area wineries.
4. Sample the local harvest for breakfast or lunch at Retro Café in New Buffalo.
5. Take home a memory at Season’s Harvest in Harbert.
6. Play a late-season round of golf at Whittaker Woods in New Buffalo.
7. Feel the leaves under your feet hiking the trails at Warren Dunes or Warren Woods.
8. Pedal along the area’s Backroad Bikeway routes or join in the Apple Cider Century ride on Sept 26.
9. Take to Lake Michigan for a surfing lesson with Third Coast Surf Shop.
10.Paddle along the Galien River with Outpost Sports.
11.Discover the treasures of Harbor Country along the West Michigan Pike historic route, US-12 Heritage Trail, Red Arrow Highway or Lake Michigan Circle.
12.Take a brisk stroll along the beach, then watch the sunset over Lake Michigan from your cozy room at Sandpiper Inn in Union Pier.
Or, perhaps you'd prefer to plan your visit around one of the great autumn festivals or events being planned throughout Harbor Country...including:
Sept 3-5: GREEK FESTIVAL
Sept 3-5: OUTSIDERS OUTSIDE ART FAIR
Sept 4: HANDMADE MARKET AT HICKORY CREEK
Sept 11: HARVEST FESTIVAL & BRITISH CAR SHOW
Sept 11: GRAPE STOMPING COMPETITION
Sept 16: THIRD SATURDAY GALLERY WALK (Also Oct 16 & Nov 20)
Sept 25: DEER CREEK 5K PHEASANT TROT
Sept 26: APPLE CIDER CENTURY
Oct 2-3: WHITE WINEMAKING EXPERIENCE
Oct 8-11: HARBOR COUNTRY HARVEST DAY
Oct 9: NEW BUFFALO HARVEST & WINE FEST
Oct 16: KITCHEN WALK TOUR
Oct 16: ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW
Oct 16-17:RED WINEMAKING EXPERIENCE
Oct 30: GREEK NIGHT
For even more autumn travel ideas, log on to www.VisitHarborCountry.org.
No matter which autumn activity appeals to you, the quaint bed-and-breakfasts, historic inns and variety of hotels in Harbor Country can offer a lodging package to suit your needs.
The Harbor Country Convention & Visitors Bureau was established in 1990 as the Harbor Country Lodging Association, in accordance with the state of Michigan’s Community Convention or Tourism Marketing Act 59 of 1984.
The mission of the organization is “to promote its members and the assessment district as a major destination for tourism and conventions in southwest Michigan.” The assessment district encompasses the Townships of New Buffalo, Three Oaks, and Chikaming, the city of New Buffalo, the Village of Three Oaks and the Village of Michiana, Michigan.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: