Take a trip back through Michigan’s bloody past among the pages of True Crime: Michigan, the latest title from West Michigan author, Tobin T. Buhk.
True Crime: Michigan examines crime in the state and explores the landmark cases of robbery, mob activity and murder that have received national attention. They’re all here – some of the most notorious fiends in Michigan’s inglorious criminal history:
• Arthur Warren Waite, who attempted to inherit a fortune by poisoning his in-laws.
• Northern Peninsula terrors Dan Dunn and Jim Summers, criminal kings of Michigan’s wild frontier.
• Andrew Kehoe, the “Michigan Maniac,” who blew up a school full of
children in Bath, Mich.
• Raymond Bernstein, the engineer of Detroit’s “Collingwood Manor Massacre.”
• Martha Beck and Raymond Fernandez, the “Lonely Hearts” killers.
• John Norman Collins, the “Co-ed killer”.
• A line-up of hit men who all claimed to have murdered Jimmy Hoffa.
• Coral Watts, “The Sunday Morning Slasher.”
• Plus many others.
“Tobin Buhk’s roundup of Michigan misdeeds includes fascinating true tales of the Great Lakes State’s darker side and more,” writes Michigan author Mardi Link, author of When Evil Came to Good Hart and Isadore’s Secret.
True Crime: Michigan is available at retail outlets and online resources now, and is published by Stackpole Books.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tobin T. Buhk is a Grand Rapids-based freelance writer and coauthor (with Dr. Stephen D. Cohle, Kent County Medical Examiner) of Cause of Death: Forensic Files of a Medical Examiner (2007) and Skeletons in the Closet: Tales from the County Morgue (2008).